Eby Construction is hiring a Production Manager for our Oakland based woodworking shop and install operation.
We are a design-based manufacturer and installer of interior millwork, casework and wood furniture.
We design our work within the context of the overall project, accommodating and incorporating other trades' infrastructure, geometry and finishes in our drawings.
We install our work with ongoing consideration of how our product fits within the context of the overall project.
We seek a production manager with many years experience managing manufacturing or construction projects.
This job might be for you if you are:
- Efficient and thorough
- Assertive and proactive
- Adept at maintaining multiple timelines
- Able to push staff to their best while supporting them
- Comfortable managing and assessing coworkers and vendors
- Eager to take ownership of timelines once you build them
- Skilled with Microsoft Project or similar scheduling software
Our production schedule drives delivery dates, invoicing, staff placement, future lead times, cash flow, client expectations and just about every other aspect of near term and mid term operations. The production manager is responsible for the production schedule.
Production Manager will be responsible for these items, and more:
- Gather information about projects from estimator, project manager and layout staff to build a schedule for each project.
- Maintain the schedule, managing our internal timing as well as design review from client, vendor lead times, job site readiness, and other variables.
- Meet with other managers weekly to check on due dates and update schedules as jobs grow or new work sells.
- Maintain dialogue with staff, vendors, clients and general contractors to gauge mood, workload, and available capacity in general.
- Directly manage shop staff, generally grouped as two person teams, with a lead and a helper per team.
- Coordinate project managers and shop staff to ensure that shop has design documents, handoff and support when they need it to keep schedule.
- If schedules change or delay, identify changes quickly and communicate early. Ensure that changes get communicated clearly in terms of dates and value.
- Perform or delegate supply purchasing for the shop.
- Drive high expectations for ongoing cleanliness and safety in the shop and on site.
- Assign and facilitate ongoing weekly safety meetings.
Please email your resume and tell us about you.
Pay will be commensurate with experience.
Thank you for your time.